With world worm expert, Rhonda Sherman.
In this podcast, Rhonda shares her experience and tips on running wormeries in small spaces, including:
- Why worm compost is a brilliant fertiliser for container plants.
- The common pitfalls of setting up a wormery, including overfeeding.
- What to feed worms – and what to avoid.
See below for more info and resources on wormeries.
- Rhonda’s Composting website is packed with useful information on wormeries, including “Worms can recycle my garbage“, and resources for schools.
- Rhonda’s book, The Worm Farmer’s Handbook, is a brilliant resource for anyone getting serious about wormeries.
- Here on Vertical Veg you can read posts on How to make a DIY wormery, and How to feed a wormery.
- Anna de La Vega’s site, the Urban Worm, has some excellent, thought provoking articles and useful guides.
- Bubble House Worms supply UK bred worms, and be inspired by their beautiful wooden wormeries.