Month by month, Monica Bathija brings you her tips on what to do now in the container garden in India – based on her experiences on her roof terrace container garden in Mumbai.
Here’s what to do November:
1. Prepare fresh soil-compost mix for planting in the emptied containers.
2. Cut out dead, dried leaves and branches and prune the lemon tree.
3. It is ideal weather to sow brinjal, several types of tomatoes, cabbage, little gourd, potatoes, beetroot, carrots, radishes, celery, mustard, cauliflower.
4. Wait for it to be a little cooler before sowing salad leaves, lettuce etc.
5. Start off a fresh batch of compost.
6. Keep collecting dry leaves for the compost and for use as mulch.